YOGA IN BAR HARBOR, MAINE WITH HEATHER MURRAY
My first yoga experience was as a young girl attempting to imitate my grandmother, a devoted yogi. But it was not until I became an adult and developed a passion for rock climbing that I turned to yoga in earnest—first as a way to find balance and to achieve a greater level of flexibility. This exclusively physical exploration of yoga evolved into a deep practice that is now a tool for learning about life; one that I am grateful to experience alongside my students.
I have been teaching yoga since 2007. Starting with a background as student in Iyengar and Ashtanga classes, my teacher training has included Shiva Rea's Prana Flow Vinyasa, as well as intensive study with many other wonderful teachers including Schuyler Grant, Tiffany Cruickshank, Seane Corn, Kathryn Budig, and Rod Stryker. This training has provided an eclectic and deep skill set that informs the classes I teach today.
My attention to alignment detail and an appreciation for more subtle aspects of the practice such as pranayama (breath work), meditation and the bandhas (energetic locks) —help me create rich and varied experiences for my students. My classes are well-crafted, educational, sweaty and spiritual journeys for students with a sense of adventure who are not afraid to work or to look more deeply at themselves—and to laugh along the way.
Continue scrolling down the page for information regarding my current class and workshop schedule and for studio information. You can also join my email list.
Weekly Public Classes
Before attending a class please scroll down below the schedule for class cancellations or schedule changes
Eden Yoga Shala
- Deep Flow Yoga
- Class description
- Directions and parking - please read before attending a class
- Pricing, policies and general information
- Choose to either register in advance or drop-in (space permitting)
- Online registration information - please read before signing up
- Mondays, 5:30 - 7:00PM (*Class on 5/27 Memorial Day is ON.)
- Saturdays, 9:00 - 10:30AM (*Class on 5/25 Memorial Day weekend is ON.)
- Register for special events in the workshop section further down the page.
- Join our email list.
Watch this space for notice about cancellations, including those weather-related
Get on the email list so you don't miss important announcements or last-minute changes.
- No cancellations or schedule changes at this time.
- Class on Memorial Day weekend (Sat. 5/25) and on Memorial Day (Mon. 5/27) will be held as usual.
Workshops and Special Events
Pre-registration is required for these classes and the online process is easy; no PayPal account required (instructions below). If you would prefer to pay by cash or check for an event, you may either pay at one of Heather's weekly classes before the event or email for payment instructions.
- For online payment: Simply click the Buy Now button beside the class you would like to attend and follow the instructions. You can confirm that there is still a space for you if you can access the system, purchase a spot and receive a confirmation. If it is already full, the system will not sell you a spot and you will receive a sold out message.
- For events that are full, please contact me to get on the wait list. Two hour, monthly offerings have a 48-hour cancellation policy. Details here.
Up Tempo Flow: Get Moving!
Wednesday, June 12, 6:00 - 8:00PM
Saves these dates for upcoming workshops (subject to change)
Wednesday, July 10, Exploring the Core with Uddiyana Bandha
Wednesday, August 7, Chakra Flow: Root to Crown
Wednesday, September 11, TBA
Wednesday, October 9, Vata Flow: A Practice to Support Seasonal Change
Private Yoga Instruction at Eden Yoga Shala
I teach private, semi-private and small group yoga sessions by appointment at Eden Yoga Shala in Bar Harbor.
Private yoga instruction is a great way to receive focused, skilled instruction if you are a beginner, to deepen your practice if you are an experienced practitioner or to focus on specific areas of yoga that interest you.
To inquire about pricing or to book a session, please contact me
Gift certificates for individual classes, class packages or private sessions are a great way to treat a loved one (or yourself!) to a well-deserved health and wellness commitment. Please email me to inquire.