YOGA IN BAR HARBOR, MAINE WITH HEATHER MURRAY
My first yoga experience was as a young girl attempting to imitate my grandmother, a devoted yogi. But it was not until I became an adult and developed a passion for rock climbing that I turned to yoga in earnest—first as a way to find balance and to achieve a greater level of flexibility. This exclusively physical exploration of yoga evolved into a deep practice that is now a tool for learning about life; one that I am grateful to experience alongside my students.
I have been teaching yoga since 2007. Starting with a background in Iyengar and Ashtanga, my teacher training has included Shiva Rea’s Prana Flow Vinyasa, as well as intensive study with many other wonderful teachers including Tiffany Cruickshank, Seane Corn, Kathryn Budig, Schuyler Grant, and Rod Stryker. This training has provided an eclectic and deep skill set that informs the classes I teach today.
My attention to alignment detail, interest in the workings of the breath, and an appreciation for combining softer aspects with strong Vinyasa—such as Yin, meditation and myofasical release—help me create rich and varied experiences for my students. My Vinyasa classes are sweaty and spiritual journeys for students with a sense of adventure who not afraid to work or to look more deeply at themselves—and to laugh along the way.
Continue scrolling down the page for information regarding my current class and workshop schedule and for studio information. Please email me if you would like to be added to my email list.
Weekly Public Classes
Before attending a class please scroll down below the schedule for class cancellations or schedule changes
Eden Yoga Shala
- Satya Vinyasa Flow
- Class description
- Directions and parking – please read before attending a class
- Pricing, policies and general information
- Choose to either register in advance or drop-in (space permitting)
- Online registration information – please read before signing up
- Mondays, 5:30 – 7:00PM
- Saturdays, 9:00 – 10:30AM
- No class on Saturday, August 18th.
- Register for special events in the workshop section further down the page.
- Mondays, 5:30 – 7:00PM
The Red Barn – Causeway Club, Southwest Harbor
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga (all levels)
- Wednesdays (through summer), 9:00 – 10:30AM
- $20 (cash or check only, no Eden Yoga Shala class packages). Drop ins welcome, no reservations required.
- Please bring your own yoga mat. If you need a mat, please email the day before class and one can be provided for you. Yoga blocks (one per person) will be provided, but please bring anything else you might need (a second block, a blanket or a strap).
- This class is open to the public. You do not need to be a member of the Causeway Club to attend.
Class cancellations and schedule changes
Watch this space for notice about cancellations, including those weather-related
Email me to get on my email list so you don’t miss important announcements or last-minute changes.
- Saturday, August 18th class is cancelled; I will be participating in the Mt. Washington Hill Climb Bike Race.
- Labor Day, Monday, September 3rd class is cancelled. Make-up class will be on Tuesday, September 4th.
- Saturday, September 15th class is cancelled; I will be at the Scarborough Maine Crafts Guild Show. Look for a make-up class earlier in the week.
Workshops and Special Classes
Pre-registration is required for workshops and the online process is easy; no PayPal account required. Simply click the Buy Now button beside the workshop you would like to attend and follow the instructions. You can confirm that there is still a space for you in a workshop if you can access the system, purchase a spot and receive a confirmation. If the workshop is already full, the system will not sell you a spot and you will receive a sold out message.
For workshops that are full, please email me to get on the wait list. I do use the wait list for most workshops.
Workshops have a 48-hour cancellation policy. Details here.
Chakra Flow: Fire & Air
Wednesday, August 15, 6:00 – 8:00PM
SAVE THE DATES (subject to change)
Wednesday, September 19 – The Re-Set: Slow Flow/Yin/Meditation
Wednesday, October 17 – Vata Flow: A Practice to Support Seasonal Change
Wednesday, November 14 – TBA
Saturday, December 8 – Sixth Annual Holiday Yoga & Jewelry Sale
Wednesday, December 19 – Winter Solstice Practice
Private Yoga Instruction at Eden Yoga Shala
I teach private, semi-private and small group yoga sessions by appointment at Eden Yoga Shala in Bar Harbor.
Private yoga instruction is a great way to receive focused, skilled instruction if you are a beginner, to deepen your practice if you are an experienced practitioner or to focus on specific areas of yoga that interest you.
To inquire about pricing or to book a session, please contact me
Gift certificates for individual classes, class packages or private sessions are a great way to treat a loved one (or yourself!) to a well-deserved health and wellness commitment. Please email me to inquire.