What you need to know coming back to Eden Yoga Shala!
Hi, friends! We are so excited to be re-opening after staying closed for so long. This page will be updated as changes are made. Please read thoroughly as some things have changed since 2020. A few quick things to make sure of are listed below, but please read this whole page before you come back to class.
- Bring your vax card (or a copy or screenshot of) for your first visit. Only vaccinated individuals are allowed into my INDOOR classes at this time. That policy will likely change over time. Students have given me feedback that this is what they want and I am listening.
- Bring your mask. Although classes will be only for those fully vaccinated at this time and masks will be optional, you may want to wear your mask when arriving/leaving in the lobby area. Additionally, if you prefer to wear your mask for the duration of class or at any point during practice, you are more than welcome and encouraged to do so. This is a judgment free zone.
- Bring your own mat/props. If you forget or don’t own them, don’t stress about it and I’ll help you out, but this is our preference at this time.
- Bring an extra layer. We will do the best we can to keep as many windows as possible, open weather permitting. Two ceiling fans and two air purifiers will also be running.
- Studio opens 15 minutes before class starts. You can wait on the studio deck, outside or in your car if you arrive early.
- No drop ins. You must pre-register online.
- Classes will be running at 50% capacity to start. We will also be Zooming the class, but no one will be on camera except for me. I will be staying on my mat and not doing assists at this time.
- Even though class registrations are non-refundable while we run at limited capacity, please be courteous and get in touch if you cannot attend and need to cancel as we may have a wait list.
Eden Yoga Shala is located at 138 Norway Drive, Bar Harbor.
From downtown Bar Harbor, follow Route 233 (also known as the Eagle Lake Road) out of town for 4 miles. You will pass Kebo Valley Golf Course, Eagle Lake, and Acadia National Park headquarters before descending a large hill. At the bottom of the hill, turn right onto Norway Drive. After a half mile, look on your left for a small sign attached to a tree with the numbers “138.”
Note that the driveway before 138, on the right, has a street sign and is called Iris Ledge Road. The driveway just after 138—also on the left—is called Erratic Way.
After entering the driveway, Eden Yoga Shala is the first building on your right.
Do Not Park on Norway Drive. Please pull into the driveway and you will be greeted and directed where to park.
I prefer that students arrive before the scheduled class start time so you can more easily be directed where to park, but if you arrive late, please try to find a spot that does not block the driveway (it’s okay to block student cars). Due to the nature of the parking configuration, students will need to plan on staying for the duration of each class or workshop.
A small flashlight or headlamp is recommended for classes that end (or begin) after dark.
Rates and Packages
Classes are currently pre-registered online only and no drop-ins are permitted. If you need another way to pay beyond what is offered online, please email me to do so.
While we open with limited capacity (50%) for classes during the pandemic, there is an $18 fee for all in person, weekly classes at Eden Yoga Shala. Once we are open to a more full capacity, new class package rates will be announced.
As we are re-opening during the pandemic with only 50% capacity for the comfort level of our students, we are suspending the use of class passes/packages at this time. Once we are open to a more full capacity, passes that were valid pre-pandemic will be reactivated (with the addition of the number of months we were closed). Passes are valid for one year and if they were expired pre-pandemic, that policy will stand.
Reservation Cancellations and Refunds
Weekly in-person classes are currently non refundable and non transferable while we operate at limited capacity. Be courteous and contact to cancel instead of no show as we may have a wait list.
Private Sessions – 24 hours before scheduled start time or there will be a full charge and no refund.
Class Cancellations and Schedule Changes
Last-minute class cancellations for inclement weather, teacher illness, or emergencies will be posted at least two hours before the scheduled class start time via email, on the yoga web page and on our social media pages.
Please include your cell phone number on your online reservation form in case we need to be in touch last minute.
Join my email list as well to get email notifications for last minute cancellations or other changes.
Arrival, Sign-in and Payment
The studio is open FIFTEEN minutes before class start time. Once we are post-pandemic we will shift back to 30 minutes. If you arrive early, please either wait on the beautiful deck to the left of the studio, outside anywhere you like or in your vehicle if you prefer.
A sign-in and payment desk will be staffed before class. Please bring your vaccination card (or a copy of or unedited screenshot of on your phone) for your first class back and be sure that I see it and record it. This is important, so please try not to forget.
Minimum of 15 years and with prior yoga experience. Sorry, these classes are not appropriate for children. Students under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign a waiver before they can participate in a class or workshop. Feel free to contact me to have a waiver emailed to you if you cannot accompany your child to their first class.
What to Bring and Wear
• Yoga mats and any props you like (blocks, blanket, strap optional). While we are still in the pandemic phase, we ask students to bring their own gear. If you forget, please know that I will provide for you. If you do not own your own, please let me know and I can help.
- Your mask. Although classes will be only for those fully vaccinated at this time, you may want to wear your mask when arriving/leaving in the lobby area. Additionally, if you prefer to wear your mask for the duration of class or at any point during practice, you are more than welcome and encouraged to do so. This is a judgment free zone.
•An extra layer. We will be trying to keep as many windows open as possible during pandemic time classes.
• A closed-top water bottle. I do have water, but would be appreciative if you brought a bottle to cut down on disposable cup waste.
• Wear clothing that allows for freedom of movement. Form fitting is preferred so that I can see your alignment, but feel free to wear whatever is comfortable and makes you feel good. Yoga is typically practiced barefoot, but please do what is comfortable for you.
• Bring a good attitude, smile and have fun. Take the practice seriously—but not yourself!
Pre-existing Conditions and Injuries
It is your responsibility to inform me of any pre-existing conditions, injuries, illness, or pregnancy and to receive prior authorization, if necessary, from your healthcare provider prior to starting a yoga practice. I want to accommodate you, so please come early to discuss anything that you feel I need to know.
If you are experiencing Covid symptoms (or have been around anyone who has or is suspected to have Covid), cold or flu symptoms, please do yourself—and the rest of us—a favor and skip class and rest until you are not contagious.
New to Yoga
If you are new to yoga, please let me know before class. While prior yoga experience can be helpful as the classes are somewhat active in nature, it is not a prerequisite. My classes are not intended to be exclusive or only for “advanced” students. Be adventurous; students of all levels of yoga experience – including those who have never practiced yoga before – have enjoyed my classes. I pride myself on offering as many modifications and choices during practice as possible and you are always encouraged to work at your own comfort level.
Do your best to arrive early or on time, but when the inevitable interruptions in life occur, keep your late arrival to a maximum of ten to fifteen minutes so that you do not miss the crucial warm-up phase that I include to make your practice safe.
Classes are closed fifteen minutes after the scheduled start time.
If you arrive late, please wait until opening meditation ends before entering class, or sit and join the meditation without unrolling your mat and disrupting the stillness.
If you arrive late, please be sure to take care of sign-in with me after class has ended.
The nature of our parking arrangement here on the property does not always allow us leave your vehicle free to leave early. Additionally, staying for the entire yoga class (including the relaxation near the end – aka Savasana – and our seated meditation) is an important part of the experience. It is disruptive to have students leaving when not absolutely necessary. If you have an extenuating circumstance, please notify the parking attendant when you arrive. If they are able to accommodate where you park, they will, but we cannot make any promises that this will be possible.
• No shoes upstairs in the practice area
• Unless you have an emergency, are a medical professional on call, or a family situation you must monitor, there are no cell phones upstairs in the practice area. Please remember to either turn off your cell phone or put it in airplane mode before you head upstairs for practice.
• Please leave your personal belongings in the entry area on the first floor; it is safe to do so. I prefer to leave the practice space free of bags and clutter for aesthetic, energy and safety reasons.
Eden Yoga Shala is a beautiful practice space that is light-filled and surrounded by trees and the peaceful quiet of rural Bar Harbor. I have mat space for 20 students (10-11 for our pandemic re-opening to start). A restroom and a changing space are available; however, there is no shower.
If you have any questions about my studio or class offerings, please feel free to contact me by email.