YOGA IN BAR HARBOR WITH HEATHER MURRAY
Whether a local or a visitor, if you're looking for yoga in Bar Harbor, please consider joining me at my studio, Eden Yoga Shala for weekly classes on Monday evenings and Saturday mornings, and for workshops once a month on Wednesday evening. I also teach a summertime only weekly yoga class on Wednesday morning at the Causeway Club in Southwest Harbor.
My first yoga experience was as a young girl attempting to imitate my grandmother, a devoted yogi. But it was not until I became an adult and developed a passion for rock climbing that I turned to yoga in earnest—first as a way to find balance and to achieve a greater level of flexibility. This exclusively physical exploration of yoga evolved into a deep practice that is now a tool for learning about life; one that I am grateful to experience alongside my students.
I have been teaching yoga since 2007. Starting as a student of Iyengar and Ashtanga, my teacher training has included Shiva Rea's Prana Flow Vinyasa, as well as intensive study with many other wonderful teachers including Schuyler Grant, Tiffany Cruickshank, Seane Corn, Kathryn Budig, and Rod Stryker. This training has provided an eclectic and deep skill set that informs the classes I teach today.
My attention to alignment detail and an appreciation for more subtle aspects of the practice such as pranayama (breath work), meditation and the bandhas (energetic locks) — help me create rich and varied experiences for my students. My yoga classes are well-crafted, educational, sweaty and spiritual journeys for students with a sense of adventure who are not afraid to work or to look more deeply at themselves—and to laugh along the way.
Continue scrolling down the page for information regarding my current class and workshop schedule and for studio information. You can also join my email list.
Weekly Public Yoga Classes
Before attending a class, please scroll down below the schedule for class cancellations or schedule changes
Eden Yoga Shala, Bar Harbor
- Deep Flow Yoga
- Class description
- Directions and parking - please read before attending a class
- Pricing, policies and general information
- Choose to either register in advance or drop-in (space permitting)
- Online registration information - please read before signing up
- Mondays, 5:30 - 7:00 PM
- Saturdays, 9:00 - 10:30 AM
- If you are planning to carpool, will be getting dropped off, or are riding a bike/scooter/motorcycle to a class or a workshop, let us know ahead of time - ASAP is best. This allows me to open up mat space for another student when a parking space is freed up. You can contact me via text (207-669-5313) or email.
- Register for special events in the workshop section further down the page.
- Join my email list.
Causeway Club, Southwest Harbor
Join me for yoga at the Causeway Club's Red Barn in Southwest Harbor. These classes are open to the public.
- Multi-level Vinyasa Flow Yoga - please bring a mat if you have one
- Wednesday, 9:00 - 10:30 AM (June 26 through August 28)
- Click here for Pricing, What to Bring and Location details.
Cancellations & Schedule Changes
Watch this space for notice about cancellations, including those weather-related
Get on the email list so you don't miss important announcements or last-minute changes.
- No class on Saturday, July 27th. Come find me at the Maine Crafts Guild Show at MDI High School.
- No class on Labor Day, Monday, September 2nd.
- No class on Saturday, September 28th. Away at the Nature of Craft Show in Falmouth, Maine.
Yoga Workshops and Special Events
Pre-registration is required for these classes and the online process is easy; no PayPal account required. If you would prefer to pay by cash or check for an event, you may either pay at one of Heather's weekly classes before the event or email for payment instructions.
Two-hour, monthly offerings have a 48-hour cancellation policy. Details here.
For events that are full, please contact me to get on the waitlist.
Wednesday, August 7, 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Saves these dates for upcoming workshops (subject to change)
Wednesday, September 11, The Re-Set: Slow Flow, Yin, and Meditation
Wednesday, October 9, Vata Flow: A Practice to Support Seasonal Change
Private Yoga Instruction at Eden Yoga Shala
I teach private, semi-private and small group yoga sessions by appointment at Eden Yoga Shala in Bar Harbor.
Private yoga instruction is a great way to receive focused, skilled instruction if you are a beginner, to deepen your practice if you are an experienced practitioner or to focus on specific areas of yoga that interest you.
To inquire about pricing or to book a session, please contact me
Gift certificates for individual classes, class packages or private sessions are a great way to treat a loved one (or yourself!) to a well-deserved health and wellness commitment. Please email me to inquire.y