YOGA with HEATHER MURRAY
BAR HARBOR, MAINE
Scroll Down For Outdoor & Online Yoga Information
*Email me for October 5-Nov 1 Meditation Program Details (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Whether a local or a visitor, if you're looking for yoga in Bar Harbor, please consider joining me at my studio, Eden Yoga Shala, for weekly classes on Monday evenings and Saturday mornings, and for workshops once a month on Wednesday evenings. I also teach a summertime-only weekly yoga class on Wednesday mornings at the Causeway Club in Southwest Harbor.
My first yoga experience was as a young girl attempting to imitate my grandmother, a devoted yogi. But it was not until I became an adult and developed a passion for rock climbing that I turned to yoga in earnest—first as a way to find balance and to achieve a greater level of flexibility. This exclusively physical exploration of yoga evolved into a deep practice that is now a tool for learning about life; one that I am grateful to experience alongside my students.
I have been teaching yoga since 2007. Starting as a student of Iyengar and Ashtanga, my teacher training has included Shiva Rea's Prana Flow Vinyasa, as well as intensive study with many other wonderful teachers including Schuyler Grant, Tiffany Cruickshank, Seane Corn, Kathryn Budig, and Rod Stryker. This training has provided an eclectic and deep skill set that informs the classes I teach today.
My attention to alignment detail and an appreciation for more subtle aspects of the practice such as pranayama (breath work), meditation and the bandhas (energetic locks) — help me create rich and varied experiences for my students. My yoga classes are well-crafted, educational, sweaty and spiritual journeys for students with a sense of adventure who are not afraid to work or to look more deeply at themselves—and to laugh along the way.
Continue scrolling down the page for information regarding my current class and workshop schedule and for studio information. You can also join my email list.
Due to the pandemic, I have moved my yoga offerings to outdoor and online (live stream ZOOM classes and on-demand yoga videos)
Live Stream Classes on ZOOM
Access to live online classes is now exclusively through my email list. Join my email list.
Zoom access info is sent out to the entire email list on Monday am for the Monday pm class and on Friday for the Saturday am class. You simply keep that email (it could end up in your spam/promotions folder) if you intend to take class and use the Zoom info in that email to enter class (payment info below). I only send that one email with Zoom info for class.
If you are not on my email list: For your first class, please complete payment at least one hour before the class start time, and then email me to request the ZOOM access information.
To Take a Class:
- Make your payment or contribution (see below for instructions)
- Use the ZOOM access information in the email you received either Monday am (for Mon pm class) or Friday (for Sat am class).
Class Schedule and Payment:
Schedule - any cancellations will be posted next to the classes below. (ZOOM meeting room opens 10 minutes before class start time)
Mondays, 5:30 - 6:30 P.M. (EST)
Saturdays, 9:00 - 10:00 A.M. (EST)
*If you cannot attend a live class, make a payment or donation or ask to use your class pass, and then email me to let me know the class you selected and I will send you a link to a recording that is good for 48 hours.
Payment Options (choose what's best for your circumstance)
Pay With Your Class Pass
Pay Drop In Rate:
Pay any amount via PayPal
Pay any amount via Venmo
Pay any amount based on your circumstance and send by Venmo to @Heathermurray108
How to Access the ZOOM Live Meeting Platform
On Demand Yoga Videos
On demand yoga videos give you unlimited access to these practices. Click the PayPal button to purchase the video, and allow time for me to email you the link. The link will be sent to the email address provided with the payment. If you would like to purchase practices to gift to others, please contact me.
For free mini-practices, visit my YouTube channel.
- Get Unstuck: Short Practices Bundle (Five practices; 2 hours, 10 minutes total) $27
- Inner Warrior: Fun Core Flow (30 minutes)
- Shoulder Scrub: Mobility/Stability (32 minutes)
- Personal Flow: Current Favorites (37 minutes)
- Quick Fix: Fingers, Wrists, Forearms, and Neck (15 minutes)
- Pranayama and Meditation: Kapalabhati and Shushumna Nadi (16 minutes)
- The Re-Set: Short Practices Bundle (Four practices, two hours total) $25
- Flow for Creativity and Energy (32 minutes)
- Hip and Hamstring Stability and Mobility Flow (35 minutes)
- Yin Yoga for the Front Body (32 minutes)
- Pranayama and Meditation: Nadi Shodhana and Chakra Meditation (20 minutes)
Other Ways To Support Eden Yoga Shala
Some have kindly asked how they can support my studio during this time of upheaval, and I greatly appreciate the gesture and the sentiment. The Donate button or Venmo (see above) can be used for this purpose.
Additionally, Gift Certificates and Class Passes may be purchased. Please contact me for details.
Causeway Club - Oceanside Lawn By the Pool, Southwest Harbor, Maine (public welcome)
- If the blue registration button below has a date to sign up when you click on it, we're still holding classes!
- Weekly class every Wednesday (rain date Thursdays)
- 8:00 - 9:15 A.M. (please arrive between 7:45 and 7:55 A.M.)
- Weather: Check this space and my social media pages for weather announcements. Schedule changes or cancellation will be made by 6:00AM. If there are no announcements, class is ON! If class is rescheduled, your registration will automatically be added to the Thursday rain date. If you cannot attend the Thursday rain date, you will receive credit to use for a future class.
- Online registration/payment required (sorry, NO drop-ins)
- If sold out, get on the wait list by texting me at 207-669-5313
- $21, non-refundable and non-transferable (no class passes)
- In the case of a weather cancellation, credit will be issued to attend another class.
- Bring your own mat and props.
- Parking at the Red Barn lot ONLY (7-minute walk to the pool area)
- Masks: for arriving and departing the immediate pool area, please wear a mask, however, you may remove your mask while on your mat
- All mats will have 10-foot distancing
- DETAILS here (Directions, Covid Protocols, Important Class Details & Policies)
Eden Yoga Shala, Bar Harbor
All public in-studio classes are temporarily cancelled, see my outdoor and online options above.
- Deep Flow Yoga
- Class description
- Directions and parking - please read before attending a class
- Policies, pricing and general information
- Choose to either register in advance or drop-in (space permitting)
- Online registration information - please read before signing up
- Mondays, 5:30 - 7:00 PM (CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID - join us on Zoom)
- Saturdays, 9:00 - 10:30 AM (CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID - join us on Zoom)
- Register for special events in the workshop section further down the page.
- Join my email list.
Yoga Workshops and Special Events
Pre-registration is required for these classes (the online process is easy, no PayPal account required). If you would prefer to pay by cash or check for a workshop, you may either pay at one of my weekly classes before the date of the workshop, or email for payment instructions.
Workshops have a 48-hour cancellation policy. Details here.
For events that are full, please contact me to get on the waitlist.
Click each event title for a full description.
Root to Crown: Full Chakra Flow
Wednesday, April 8, 5:30 - 7:30 P.M.
Workshops are currently on hold due to the pandemic.
Save these dates for upcoming workshops (subject to change)
Wednesday, June 10, 6-8PM, Side Body Spaciousness
Wednesday, July 8, 6-8PM, Emotion to Devotion: Flow, Chant, Meditate
Wednesday, August 5, 6-8PM, Pitta Flow: Balancing the Intensity of Summer
Wednesday, September 9, 6-8PM, Lighten Up: Opening the Neck, Shoulders & Chest
Wednesday, October 14, 5:30-7:30PM, Vata Flow: Easing Seasonal Transition
Sunday afternoon, November 1, Collaborative event with live music (more details TBA)
Wednesday, November 11, 5:30-7:30PM, topic TBA
Saturday, December 12 (annual jewelry sale and holiday yoga)
Wednesday, December 16, 5:30-7:30PM, Twists, Hip Openers & Side Bends
Monday, December 21, 5:30-7:00PM, Winter Solstice Practice
Private Yoga Instruction at Eden Yoga Shala
Contact me about private online yoga.
I teach private, semi-private and small group yoga sessions by appointment at Eden Yoga Shala in Bar Harbor.
Private yoga instruction is a great way to receive focused, skilled instruction if you are a beginner, to deepen your practice if you are an experienced practitioner or to focus on specific areas of yoga that interest you.
To inquire about pricing or to book a session, please contact me
Gift certificates for individual classes, class packages or private sessions are a great way to treat a loved one (or yourself!) to a well-deserved health and wellness commitment. Please email me to inquire.