Rise Up: Half Day Spring Retreat
Do you love the idea of a yoga retreat, but the investment in time, funds or travel is unappealing or simply not possible right now? A half-day local retreat can be a wonderful opportunity to drop in more deeply than a weekly class or workshop can offer; an afternoon of yoga, music, chanting and community can provide revitalization and inspiration to last for long after.
I’m excited to offer a half-day retreat the first Sunday in May (May 5) this year. Here’s what our afternoon will look like:
11:45AM – 12:00PM: Arrival
12:00 – 2:30PM Yoga with live music and chanting to close with Beau Lisy and Heather
2:30-3:00PM: Brief break for tea, fruit, and healthy snacks (provided)
3:00-4:30PM: Gentle Yoga with a bit of myofasical release (self massage) on tennis balls, savasana, chanting and meditation (with Heather)
Beau and Heather will give you the chance to come back to life after a long winter and a late start to our spring this year here in Maine. This practice will be fun, active, and sure to make you feel like new again. We will wind down with soothing counter-poses before closing with the chanting of a mantra. Beau’s amazing musical talent is a perfect accompaniment to both the down tempo and the revved up parts of this practice.
After a break for tea and delicious homemade snacks, we will reconvene for a second practice. This will be a gentle practice with the addition of a bit of time to unravel using tennis balls for self massage. Practice will conclude with Savasana (final relaxation pose), more chanting and meditation.
Yoga practices will be held in the Shala (studio) and our tea time will be held in our cottage, uphill from the Shala.
The investment for this special day:
- An early bird price of $75 is available until Saturday, April 13.
- After April 13, the price is $85.
- Registration deadline is Saturday, May 4 at 5PM.
- Sorry, there is no option to come for a portion of the afternoon.
A minimum number of participants are required to hold this event. Word of mouth is everything, so please tell your friends to sign up!
The fine print:
Our cancellation policy is as follows and is firm. I try to find a balance between honoring your commitment and the interruption of life circumstances, while taking into consideration the substantial planning and investment that is required to hold this event.
- Cancellations made by April 21 or sooner (2 or more weeks from retreat day) will receive a full refund (less a 15% admin fee).
- Cancellations made between April 22 – April 28 (1 week to less than 2 weeks from retreat day) will receive a credit (less a 15% admin fee) for future use at Eden Yoga Shala.
- Cancellations made April 29 or later (less than one week from retreat day) are non refundable.
- No-shows are non refundable.
- You may transfer your spot to another participant if you cannot come, but you must contact me first (in writing) for approval.
- If I need to cancel this event due to insufficient registration, dangerous weather conditions, teacher illness or emergency, a full refund will be issued.
- To register:
- By credit card: please go to the website and find the “buy now” button for the retreat in the special events and workshops section.
- By check or cash: connect with me before or after a weekly class at Eden Yoga Shala, or email me for mailing instructions for checks (made payable to Heather Murray).