Do you love the idea of a yoga retreat, but the investment in time, funds or travel is unappealing or simply not possible right now? A half-day local retreat can be a wonderful opportunity to drop in more deeply than a weekly class or workshop can offer; an afternoon of yoga, music, chanting and community can provide revitalization and inspiration to last for long after.
I’m excited to offer a half-day retreat the first Sunday in May (May 5) this year. Here’s what our afternoon will look like:
11:45AM – 12:00PM: Arrival
12:00 – 1:15PM: Yoga with Heather: Springtime Movement Medicine
1:15-1:45PM: Brief break for tea, fruit, and healthy snacks (provided)
2:00-3:30PM: Yoga w/Live Music/Chanting by Beau Lisy, Puranjot Kaur Khalsa & Mahan Deva Singh Khalsa
3:30-4:30: Kirtan (call and response chanting) w/live music w/Beau, Puranjot, Mahan Deva & Heather
We’ll start with a multi-level, active Vinyasa Flow practice that will give you a chance to shake off the remnants of winter and welcome your body, heart and mind into a new season. A break for homemade snacks, fruit and tea will offer a brief pause and a chance to connect with fellow yogis or to enjoy some quiet time to yourself on the property.
Our afternoon practice will be a long-awaited collaboration: a slow, deep flow yoga practice taught by Heather and accompanied by live music by Beau, Puranjot and Mahan Deva, with Puranjot’s beautiful voice accompaniment. This will be followed by a kirtan – devotional call and response chanting – with live music. You do not need to know the chants or have any previous experience with chanting. Kirtan is a deep experience of opening the heart whether you choose to chant or to simply enjoy the sound.
Yoga practices will be held in the Shala (studio) and our tea time will be held in our cottage, uphill from the Shala.
The investment for this special day:
- An early bird price of $80 is available until Saturday, April 13.
- After April 13, the price is $90.
- Registration deadline is Friday, May 3rd at 7PM.
- Sorry, there is no option to come for a portion of the afternoon.
A minimum number of participants are required to hold this event. Word of mouth is everything, so please tell your friends to sign up!
The fine print:
Our cancellation policy is as follows and is firm. I try to find a balance between honoring your commitment and the interruption of life circumstances, while taking into consideration the substantial planning and investment that is required to hold this event.
- Cancellations made by April 21 or sooner (2 or more weeks from retreat day) will receive a full refund (less a 15% admin fee).
- Cancellations made between April 22 – April 28 (1 week to less than 2 weeks from retreat day) will receive a credit (less a 15% admin fee) for future use at Eden Yoga Shala.
- Cancellations made April 29 or later (less than one week from retreat day) are non refundable.
- No-shows are non refundable.
- You may transfer your spot to another participant if you cannot come, but you must contact me first (in writing) for approval.
- If I need to cancel this event due to insufficient registration, dangerous weather conditions, teacher illness or emergency, a full refund will be issued.
- To register:
- By credit card: please go to the website and find the “buy now” button for the retreat in the special events and workshops section.
- By check or cash: connect with me before or after a weekly class at Eden Yoga Shala, or email me for mailing instructions for checks (made payable to Heather Murray).