Pricing, policies, and general studio information
Rates and Packages
Reservations are recommended. Drop-ins welcome, space permitting.
• $16 drop-in for a 90-minute weekly class ($16 online, $16 cash/check in person, $16.50 credit card in person)
• $75 for a five-class package (valid for one year) – $75 cash/check, $78 credit card. Purchase at studio only.
• $145 for a ten-class package (valid for one year) – $145 cash/check, $150 credit card. Purchase at studio only.
Class packages are non-refundable and non-transferable. They cannot be used for workshops, special classes or special events. You may bring a friend or family member with you and use your class package to pay for their spot.
Reservation Cancellations and Refunds
Classes, workshops and special events
• 24 hours before scheduled start time or there will be a full charge and no refund/no credit. No refund for no-shows.
• 24 hours before scheduled start time or there will be a full charge and no refund.
For policies on cancelling your reservation for a weekly class, please see the link for “Online Registration Information” on the home page.
Class Cancellations and Schedule Changes
Last-minute class cancellations for inclement weather, teacher illness, or emergencies will be posted at least two hours before the scheduled class start time on the yoga web page (under Class cancellations and schedule changes) and on the Eden Yoga Shala Facebook page (please “like” the page so that it shows up on your feed).
This is another good reason to join my email list: to get email notifications for last minute cancellations or other changes.
Arrival, Sign-in and Payment
The studio is open thirty minutes before class start time
A sign-in and payment desk will be staffed before class (and also after class for those who arrived late and still need to sign-in and make payment).
Cash and check are my preferred payment options, but credit and debit cards are accepted – see pricing above. Class passes are purchased at the studio only. Sorry, no IOUs for classes.
Please do not overlook the payment and sign-in process. I need to make sure my bookkeeping is accurate and that I am compensated for my time and effort in order to keep the studio operating at the standard I require.
Minimum of 15 years and with prior yoga experience. Sorry, these classes are not appropriate for children. Students under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign a waiver before they can participate in a class or workshop. Feel free to contact me to have a waiver emailed to you if you cannot accompany your child to their first class.
What to Bring and Wear
• A yoga mat, if you have one. For sanitary reasons using your own mat is nice, but we have plenty for your use if you do not own a mat or do not have one with you.
• A towel. The room is heated – though this is absolutely NOT hot yoga- but you will likely sweat in my class and we do not have A/C. While mats and other props (blocks, straps, and blankets) are provided at no extra charge, I do not provide or rent towels.
• A closed-top water bottle. I do have water, but would be appreciative if you brought a bottle to cut down on disposable cup waste.
• Wear clothing that allows for freedom of movement. Form fitting is preferred so that I can see your alignment, but feel free to wear whatever is comfortable and makes you feel good. Yoga is practiced barefoot.
• Bring a good attitude, smile and have fun. Take the practice seriously—but not yourself!
Pre-existing Conditions and Injuries
It is your responsibility to inform me of any pre-existing conditions, injuries, illness, or pregnancy and to receive prior authorization, if necessary, from your healthcare provider prior to starting a yoga practice. I want to accommodate you, so please come early to discuss anything that you feel I need to know.
If you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms, please do yourself—and the rest of us—a favor and skip class and rest until you are not contagious.
New to Yoga
If you are new to yoga, please let me know before class. While prior yoga experience is helpful as the classes are somewhat rigorous in nature, it is not a prerequisite. My classes are not intended to be exclusive or only for “advanced” students. Be adventurous; students of all levels of yoga experience – including those who have never practiced yoga before – have enjoyed my classes. Please note that we do heat the room for classes. This is NOT hot yoga, but you may sweat and we do not have air conditioning.
Do your best to arrive early or on time, but when the inevitable interruptions in life occur, keep your late arrival to a maximum of ten to fifteen minutes so that you do not miss the crucial warm-up phase that I include to make your practice safe.
Classes are closed fifteen minutes after the scheduled start time.
If you arrive late, please wait until opening meditation ends before entering class, or sit and join the meditation without unrolling your mat and disrupting the stillness.
If you arrive late, please be sure to take care of sign-in and payment with me after class has ended.
If you know beforehand that you must leave before class ends, alert me before class starts. Please be considerate and as quiet as possible as you depart. That said, the nature of our parking arrangement here on the property does not always allow us leave your vehicle free to leave early. Additionally, staying for the entire yoga class (including the relaxation near the end – aka Savasana – and our seated meditation) is an important part of the experience. It is disruptive to have students leaving when not absolutely necessary.
• No shoes upstairs in the practice area
• Unless you have an emergency or a family situation you must monitor, there are no cell phones upstairs in the practice area. Please remember to either turn off your cell phone or put it in airplane mode before you head upstairs for practice.
• Please leave your personal belongings in the entry area on the first floor; it is safe to do so. I prefer to leave the practice space free of bags and clutter for aesthetic, energy and safety reasons.
Eden Yoga Shala is a beautiful practice space that is light-filled and surrounded by trees and the peaceful quiet of rural Bar Harbor. I have mat space for 20 yogis. A restroom and a changing space are available; however, there is no shower.
If you have any questions about my studio or class offerings, please feel free to contact me by email.